ANAFAE implemented 20 days’ basic literacy training workshop for Shahak-e- Itefaq facilitators and supervisors in Kabul City. This training workshop was held in cooperation with the Ministry of Education Literacy Department and financial support of WHH.
After struggling in the surveying and selecting the target group, the workshop has been started form Sep 16, 2017 and continued till Oct 8, 2017.
The main objectives of this workshop were:
- To increase their capacity on general information regarding literacy
- To increase their capacity on “Basic literacy education “
- To increase their capacity on how to teach ‘basic literacy” or Training of Trainers (ToT) and supervision
- To enhance their capacity in additional components (own economic initiatives, health and civic education)
- To enhance their skills on how to teach practically
Tahira Darabi, one of the participants, appreciated this training. She found everything that has been thought in this training very useful. She stated that trainers presented everything professionally and now they are able to teach the “Basic Literacy Book” to the learners effectively. Ms. Darabi, recommended that it would be better to implement such trainings once during the six months.
At the end of the training, each participant presented the practical sample lessons which shows how much they learned the competences and knowledge’s of how to teach and behave in the class. Their sample lessons were evaluated and relevant feedback were provided for them for their teaching improvements.
The training ended by distribution of Training Completion Certificates in an event in presence of representatives of WHH, Director of Teacher Training of Education Department, Literacy Department Representative of 13th PD, and representatives of ANAFAE.