Afghanistan National Education Coalition (ANEC) representatives participated in The Asia Pacific Education Coalitions Consultation Meeting, conducted and facilitated by Asia South Pacific Association for Basic and Adult Education (ASPBAE) and hosted by Vietnam Association for Education for all (VAEFA) With support from Civil Society Education Fund (CSEF), an initiative of the Global Campaign for Education (GCE), funded by the Global Partnership for Education (GPE), from 09-11 October, 2017, Hanoi-Vietnam at Hoa Binh hotel.
More than 80 participants from 28 countries (19 education coalitions of Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Africa, CSEF, GCE and GPE representatives) attended the meeting.
The meeting was well scheduled to achieve the main objectives as:
- Strengthen capacities of Asia Pacific coalitions in advocacy work towards SDG4/Education 2030 implementation and monitoring, within the wider SDG processes
- Share key updates and advocacy plans of Global Campaign for Education (GCE) and regional partners towards greater complementation and collaboration of advocacy work at all levels (global, regional and national)
- Strengthen coalition engagement with the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) especially on improving local education groups, active engagement with CSO representatives at GPE Board to inform GPE agenda and processes, and active involvement in GPE replenishment campaign
- Discuss CSEF reporting, learning exchange processes, and future plans, including:
- Generating feedback on and improving the learning component of the online MEL system to facilitate greater national, regional and global learning exchanges on education advocacy work
- Updates and refresher on the online CSEF finance reporting tool
- Preparing for CSEF Phase III mid-term review and end-of-phase evaluations, ways of working beyond 2018
The meeting had a perfect environment of exchanging tradition, ideas, opinions and experiences among Education Coalitions; observing the challenges and solutions provided by various education coalitions in different situation was a proper way of learning and exchanging lessons learned for future planning and building mutual connections.
GPE funding mechanisms, CSEF reporting and refresher in online finance management and reporting created better understanding on how GPE supports Government, CSOs and Private Sectors, as well as convenience reporting system for better linkage with GPE mechanisms.
Improving advocacy plans towards supporting persons with disabilities to access quality education and linkage with labor market needs excessive efforts of Government, CSOs, Private Sectors and households to guarantee their welfare and their integration to society.
You can read more about this article or can download the pdf format from below link: